The MCA Adult program allows eligible adult students to earn a living as they attend classes. Combining classroom instruction with paid, on-the-job training, after completing the 4-year program successful graduates will be eligible to sit for their journeyman level exam and receive a certificate of completion from the Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training and from *NCCER.
Classes for the Adult Program are held:
- Monday & Wednesday: Electrical 1&4; 6:00PM - 9:00PM
- Tuesday & Thursday: Electrical 2&3; 6:00PM - 9:00PM
Requirements for the Adult Program include:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Dependable transportation
- Must interview with committee
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Pass drug screenings
- Pass a sponsor-approved math test
- Complete all paperwork in application process
- Read at a 9th grade level
- Be physically capable of performing the essential duties of the craft
Are you a returning adult apprentice? Click here to download the application for returning apprentices.
A special thank you to these employers who partner with Mid Coast Construction Academy to offer our students on-the-job employment opportunities
SPONSOR EMPLOYERS FOR APPRENTICES
• Command Electric
• Edward’s Plumbing, Inc.
• Hall Electric
• Seals Electric
• Wendt Services
• Victoria Air Conditioning
Thank You For Visiting!
In the Mid Coast Region, there is a critical shortage of skilled labor that is projected to grow over the next decade. Trained plumbers and electricians enjoy one of the most stable employment futures in the workforce and licensed plumbers and electricians experience a current average starting salary of $23 per hour in our area. Mid Coast Construction Academy is proud to partner with local businesses, school districts, and individuals as we address this issue through education and career development.
Partial funding for Mid Coast Construction Academy provided by Cuero Economic Development Corporation